[IndiChix] Introduction

satya komaragiri satya.komaragiri at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 13:09:50 UTC 2008

hey hassath

thanks..
well ..umm... i did get help from a friend for installing it ( i have tried
once before but i didn't get the partitions on the external hard disk quite
right)..but as he felt that i should learn how to do it myself( i agree with
that idea btw) some portion was left for me to do....

it worked well for a day ( apart from the fact that none of the accessories
open up...they just show starting and then disappear).... we tried fixing it
up...( he helped online so naturally he was only guessing what could be
wrong..i kept pasting the messages) ...

well i did try doing *something* to it... call it learner's curiosity or
stupidity... but now neither Linux nor windows boots...
it says grub loading error 22 then nothing

im on a live cd right now... and i have been using openoffice to access my
word documents on C: :D
all in all.... umm.. different experience.. not that i regret it.. i have
fun messing things up..

i tried to meddle a little with the booting preferences too... (as it is it
wasn't working .. ) but reverted back to the previous settings as it didn't
work..

but seriously, if anyone knows how to get at least one operating system to
start working,without losing my data on C:, ill be really thankful

hey btw... Sanskritised names were suggested precisely for the reason that
you point out... Sanskrit is no region's specific..( not that i know it or
anything... had to actually go name hunting for it :P )well... i too have
nothing against linuxchix india... sounds cool... but i can't guarantee the
same response from all others in my college or elsewhere

regards
satya