[IndiChix] Chapter Name suggestions

Philip Tellis philip.tellis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 05:55:45 UTC 2008

On 28/02/2008, Vid Ayer <svaksha at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Indichix or something else. I tend to agree since branding (or
>  whatever you call the new Indian name) is supposed to be consistent,
>  clear and simple and not confuse people more.

I agree that branding needs to be consistent if you want to be
recognised, but in a few cases, localisation is necessary.  I can take
an example that I'm most familiar with.  Yahoo! (the company I work
for), has the same name everywhere in the world, but Yahoo! Search is
called Yisou in china and Gugi in Korea, because those words are
meaningful to the local, non-English speaking populace.