[IndiChix] [IndiChiz] Notes from LCIN talk at FOSSkriti

Ankita Garg gargankita at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 18:46:26 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Feb 20, 2008 11:58 PM, Ankita Garg <gargankita at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Apologize for the delay in sending this report on LCIN talk at IIT,
> Kanpur. But better late than never ;-) This report covers only the parts
> relevant to LCIN.
>
> The talk was scheduled for 3 PM on the 16th. The organizers had
> popularized the event by pasting the LCIN poster in and around the girls
> hostel. Besides, there were a number of women participants expected from
> other colleges. There was also a stall dedicated to LCIN. So considering
> this, we were expecting a significant women participation for the talk. I
> would be wrong if I say we were not disappointed. But at the same time, I am
> happy to say that the talk was well attended and the discussion that got
> kicked-off post talk, was very nice and useful. There were about 15 women
> and 20-25 men participants.

Forgot an important bit here. A big thanks to the FOSSkriti organizers,
Arun, Rohit, Nirbheek and others for the publicity of LCIN, for the stall,
poster, etc. The poster was pretty cool !! (sure folks must have seen it by
now on Arun's flickr). Also, we now have a contact point from IITK, a girl
from the first yr. And participation from many women from IITK. Thanks
folks!

Regards,
Ankita