[IndiChix] OSI week

Hassath hassath at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 06:13:21 UTC 2008

On Feb 8, 2008 4:42 PM, Atul Chitnis <mail at atulchitnis.net> wrote:

> If someone has a problem with my posts, they will tell me off-list (as is
> correct etiquette, and which has happened in one case) instead of
> grandstanding on the list.

Wrong.

Given the violence of your reactions to Vidya [1], it needs a very
thick skin to speak up against your threatening behaviour, let alone
to do so off-list.

I have a problem with your posts.

You seem to be forgetting that this list is also for newbies, and for
people who might even be on a mailing list for the first time. Right
now, they're learning that participating on the list demands being
able to withstand the sort of contempt and ridicule you're dishing
out. The occasional smiley in your messages does nothing to change
that.

On Feb 10, 2008 4:34 PM, Atul Chitnis <mail at atulchitnis.net> wrote:
> Now could you stop acting like a man trying to get the last word in, and
> let us get back to what this list is *really* about (which is *not*
> whether the "listadmin" knows what she is doing).

Yes, this list is about encouraging and enabling women interested in
Linux. And your behaviour is just the kind which will keep women away
from the list. Women who don't know you personally, and are here to
talk about Linux in a friendly manner.

Part of the reason the main LinuxChix is a popular and vibrant
community where so many women participate is because it is a
non-threatening, comfortable place for women. We might want to
'localise' indichix in many respects, but losing this is not one of
them.

Speaking as a list admin, your contributions are welcome only if you
can express them with respect and civility. Drop the viciousness and
hectoring. This is your first and only warning.

- Hassath

[1]

http://mailman.linuxchix.org/mailman/private/indichix/2008-February/000924.html

http://mailman.linuxchix.org/mailman/private/indichix/2008-February/000928.html