[IndiChix] [Suggestions] Online Slide sharing service

Runa Bhattacharjee runa.misc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 04:44:25 UTC 2008

Hi,

Atul Chitnis wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Feb 2008, Runa Bhattacharjee wrote:
>
>> I have been trying to upload the .odp slides for the presentation thats
>> being discussed in the other thread with slideshare.net. But after
>> multiple attempts and failures, I am really tired. Are there any other
>> alternatives available that one could check out?

[snip]

> And pdfs are easy to distribute - just upload somewhere or email, the
> person who wishes to see the slides clicks (or runs "evince filename.pdf")
> and there you are.

*nod*. .pdfs are easily portable. However, as it happened last saturday, the laptop I was using for
the presentation had OpenSuse and KDE, and we could not get the presentation to happen from any of
the PDF viewers. Eventually I had to resort to the .odp.

[snip]

> Of course, sometimes people need the editable slides as well - for that
> one can make the source .odp files available for download as well, but you
> will find this to be a rare requirement. And in some cases you may not
> even *want* the slides to be editable (legal documents, sensitive
> slideshows, etc.), in which case you dont make the source available.
> Simple.

Yup, distributing an editable set (with suitable licenses of course) was the idea. :)

cheers
Runa

--
blog: http://runab.livejournal.com