[IndiChix] OSI week

Atul Chitnis mail at atulchitnis.net
Sun Feb 10 11:04:50 UTC 2008

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008, Vid Ayer wrote:

>> As self-appointed list admin, you can kick me out, but you certainly have
>> NO right to tell me in which discussions to involve myself or not. If
>> someone has a problem with my posts, they will tell me off-list (as is
>> correct etiquette, and which has happened in one case) instead of
>> grandstanding on the list.

> LOL, nice try(**)...better luck next time !!
>
> (**) at provoking the list admins to kick you out so if they do, you
> can claim to be the "victim", but as you yourself admit that people
> found your behaviour inappropriate and objectionable enough to write
> to you off-list so I would like to take this opportunity to thank them
> for doing my job.... ThankYou and have a nice weekend:-)

Me? "Victim"? :) LOL - you don't really know me very well, do you? :)

I never invited you to kick me out - that is another one of the notorious
"Vidyaisms" where you take something someone said and repurpose it to mean
something completely different.

I merely pointed out that the *only* right you have on this list related
to me is that you can kick me out (of course, you would have to have a
reason to do that) - nothing else. You have zero control over what I reply
to.

In fact, this must come as a great shock to you - you have zero control.

As for someone finding my behaviour "inappropriate and objectionable
enough" to write to me off-list - another presumptive Vidyaism. :)

The off-list mail I got was from one of the members, warning me (very
early on, when the discussion about the 5th Jan Bangalore meeting was
going on, and I mentioned a "team looking very stupid") that I should have
clearly said that the team I was talking about was Team FOSS.IN, not the
LCIN team. I agree that that statement of mine was a bit vague, but the
moment had passed.

I have a lot of other private mails, of course, asking me to ignore you
(which I shall do from now on - WTMTL), and focus on the purpose of this
list - which is to empower women using FOSS and technology.

Unfortunately, I am ethically bound never to publish private mail without
the correspondent's explicit permission, so I can't just forward that mail
to this list to prove it, the way some people do, so you will have to take
my word for it (or not - suit yourself).

Now could you stop acting like a man trying to get the last word in, and
let us get back to what this list is *really* about (which is *not*
whether the "listadmin" knows what she is doing). Take it off-list if you
want to discuss this any further, and make sure that you include at least
one "witness" to make sure that there is no "repurposing". :)

I'd really like to see you contributing contructively to this list from
now on, or (if nothing else) letting others do so.

Atul