[IndiChix] OSI week

Vid Ayer svaksha at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 02:50:04 UTC 2008

On Feb 8, 2008 11:12 AM, Atul Chitnis <mail at atulchitnis.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Vid Ayer wrote:
>
> > The original post was a simple question intended to find if women were
> > going, if yes easy to network, else left at that. BUT thanks to your
> > hijacking the thread completely and if nothing else trolling, few will
> > even want to say "yes, i am going" lest they be attacked for not
> > agreeing with your opinion.  This incessant trolling is the behaviour
> > that turns women off from major Indian LUG's and if anything, the
> > number of women participating in any women's group (such as this)
> > should be an indicator of the negative behaviour in male dominant
> > groups and possibly trigger some introspection on their part.
>
> You are really hell bent on this direction, aren't you? :)
>
> You seriously need to understand the difference between a "troll" (a
> person who is deliberately inflammatory on the Internet in order to
> provoke a vehement response from other users) and someone who is honestly
> trying to be helpful by warning you about something (OSW), or suggesting
> how to do things in a better manner (public speaking).
>
> Secondly (and this this is a gentle warning to you, vidya) the next time
> you pull that divisive "male dominant" angle again, you are in violation
> of this group's objectives. I am a member of this group as much as you
> are.
>
> As self-appointed list admin, you can kick me out, but you certainly have
> NO right to tell me in which discussions to involve myself or not. If
> someone has a problem with my posts, they will tell me off-list (as is
> correct etiquette, and which has happened in one case) instead of
> grandstanding on the list.
>
> I hope I am clear about this.
>
> Atul

LOL, nice try(**)...better luck next time !!

-Vid

(**) at provoking the list admins to kick you out so if they do, you
can claim to be the "victim", but as you yourself admit that people
found your behaviour inappropriate and objectionable enough to write
to you off-list so I would like to take this opportunity to thank them
for doing my job.... ThankYou and have a nice weekend:-)