[IndiChix] OSI week

Atul Chitnis mail at atulchitnis.net
Fri Feb 8 11:12:14 UTC 2008

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Vid Ayer wrote:

> The original post was a simple question intended to find if women were
> going, if yes easy to network, else left at that. BUT thanks to your
> hijacking the thread completely and if nothing else trolling, few will
> even want to say "yes, i am going" lest they be attacked for not
> agreeing with your opinion.  This incessant trolling is the behaviour
> that turns women off from major Indian LUG's and if anything, the
> number of women participating in any women's group (such as this)
> should be an indicator of the negative behaviour in male dominant
> groups and possibly trigger some introspection on their part.

You are really hell bent on this direction, aren't you? :)

You seriously need to understand the difference between a "troll" (a
person who is deliberately inflammatory on the Internet in order to
provoke a vehement response from other users) and someone who is honestly
trying to be helpful by warning you about something (OSW), or suggesting
how to do things in a better manner (public speaking).

Secondly (and this this is a gentle warning to you, vidya) the next time
you pull that divisive "male dominant" angle again, you are in violation
of this group's objectives. I am a member of this group as much as you
are.

As self-appointed list admin, you can kick me out, but you certainly have
NO right to tell me in which discussions to involve myself or not. If
someone has a problem with my posts, they will tell me off-list (as is
correct etiquette, and which has happened in one case) instead of
grandstanding on the list.

I hope I am clear about this.

Atul

--