[IndiChix] [RFC] Introduction to Linuxchix India - presentation slides

Manjusha Joshi manjusha.joshi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 13:52:51 UTC 2008

Hi Runa,

I think considering attendance of new users, can we arrange some
topics in which they can take part in discussion?

I meant to say, those who don't know any thing about FOSS, what can
they say and wish for contributing and all.

First let them fill their minds with knowledge of FOSS and then make
them feel to contribute.

To motivate them, we can have one small  introduction on woman in FOSS
present at Gnunify. Like Friji, Alolita,  Valsa, Dennis, Barkha (if
coming), (you, me) and others. Let them do their own introduction and
ask them to talk for 3 minutes( this idea is from  Foss.in,2007,
worked very well) on their work area.

Then ask particpants what they like to have. What type of support form
Linux chix India will be useful for them.  While asking we should also
identify our areas, where we can start helping at present.
example: Installation demonstartion in girls colleges.
some project help for BCS girls students.
set up mailing list for Pune linux chix, where information of
workshops, talks, scolorships project can be distributed.

It may be too much to think at a time.

How ever some of this can be decide for BOF.

Thanks,
-Manjusha