[IndiChix] LinuxChix @ TechKriti '08 (IIT Kanpur)

Ankita Garg gargankita at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 07:39:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Feb 3, 2008 1:02 PM, Hassath <hassath at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 3, 2008 12:42 PM, Ankita Garg <gargankita at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello folks,
> >
> > IIT Kanpur is having there tech fest from 14th -17th feb. Am glad to
> > announce to the group that LinuxChix has been invited to conduct a
> session
> > for the women FOSS enthusiasts taking part in the fest.
>
> That's nice. And who are the people who  will be representing the
> group at the fest?
> >
> > Below is a draft of the abstract for the talk that I have prepared.
> [snip]
>
> > Most parts have been taken from the wiki. Pl let me know what you think
> > about it. Also, have I missed out on something? Anything else you think
> we
> > should talk about? Pl do let me know at the earliest.
>
> Seems fine overall to me.
> How long is the session for? How much time do you have to talk, and
> how much time to field questions?
> Are you planning to create slides or anything else visual? It might be
> useful to have something like that.
> This draft of your talk presumes that the audience already knows about
> FOSS- do they? If they don't, you might want to consider including
> some general information.

The duration of the talk has not been finalized yet. I am planning to create
a presentation covering as much information as possible. Will send it out to
the list for review once am done with that. The talk will be part of
FOSSkriti, a FOSS event part of the techfest. So, I suppose folks would know
about FOSS in general. But I will let Arun answer some of the
quesitons..Arun, over to you :-)