[IndiChix] Wiki of the month ?

Ankita Garg gargankita at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 07:03:29 UTC 2008

Hey!

On Feb 3, 2008 12:24 PM, Hassath <hassath at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All.
>
> Have had flaky internet access (like many others here, I guess) for
> three days now- still trying to catch up on mail.
>
> I think it's a great idea to do wiki page of the week.
>
> > Section 2: General information that would be helpful for newbies to
> FOSS, like
> >
> > @ useful urls with  elementary information about FOSS, contribution or
> volunteering opportunities
> > @ FAQs and Howtos about FOSS application usage (external or internal
> wiki content link)
> > @ FAQs and Howtos about  FOSS community culture (external or internal
> wiki content link)  and links
> > to similar interest groups
> > @ Links to existing podcasts/screencasts about the above (external or
> created and hosted by LC-IN
> > members)
>
> I was wondering if we could link to some basic HOWTOs here, for the
> really new, non-technical newbie. For example, I've met people who are
> interested in trying out linux, but don't yet know much about distros,
> and would like help with deciding which one is better for them. Also
> links to installation HOWTOs and the common problems they can expect.
> Some people won't even know that dual boot is an option- another
> example. I have found that many newbies are happier if they feel that
> they can keep both OSes on their machine.

This sounds good to me. Could you pl contribute towards putting this bit of
information on the wiki? We already do have a HowTos section which is empty
and need some love... ;-)

A request to everyone - if you have an idea about any wiki page, pl go ahead
and update it and then could mail the groups about it. We could all then
collectively review and put forth our views regarding it...how does that
sound? That will definitely speed things up. Thoughts ?

Looking forward to everyone's contribution..

Regards,
Ankita