[IndiChix] Wiki of the month ?

Hassath hassath at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 06:54:27 UTC 2008

Hi All.

Have had flaky internet access (like many others here, I guess) for
three days now- still trying to catch up on mail.

I think it's a great idea to do wiki page of the week.

> Section 2: General information that would be helpful for newbies to FOSS, like
>
> @ useful urls with  elementary information about FOSS, contribution or volunteering opportunities
> @ FAQs and Howtos about FOSS application usage (external or internal wiki content link)
> @ FAQs and Howtos about  FOSS community culture (external or internal wiki content link)  and links
> to similar interest groups
> @ Links to existing podcasts/screencasts about the above (external or created and hosted by LC-IN
> members)

I was wondering if we could link to some basic HOWTOs here, for the
really new, non-technical newbie. For example, I've met people who are
interested in trying out linux, but don't yet know much about distros,
and would like help with deciding which one is better for them. Also
links to installation HOWTOs and the common problems they can expect.
Some people won't even know that dual boot is an option- another
example. I have found that many newbies are happier if they feel that
they can keep both OSes on their machine.

--
- Hassath