[IndiChix] A message for LC-IN

Aneesha Govil popcorn09 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 20:16:00 UTC 2008

On Feb 3, 2008 1:02 AM, Vid Ayer <svaksha at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 2, 2008 9:54 PM, Runa Bhattacharjee <runa.misc at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Aneesha Govil wrote:
> > > I, for
> > > one, have been staying quiet to not add to the flames as it just makes
> > > the fire bigger. As it is getting extinguished by itself, please don't
> > > come and pour petrol. I would be personally grateful.
>
> ofcourse not, please do speak up and when you do please also mention
> why you send off-list mails asking why I didnt get "list admin". I had
> told you in my reply to ask on the list so save me the "I was silent"
> routine.  Btw, you forgot to ask who chose Barkha as server admin
> (which i dont have a problem with) and what agenda are you talking
> about ?

[snip]

The off-list mail was the reply to your off-list email. And as about
the "I was silent" routine, in the spirit of the openness you are
preaching, you are to say it on the list why you chose who instead of
just announcing it. If you are as open as you preach to be, you would
do that when announcing a decision instead of people coming after you
to only get your encrypted flaming replied that don't really reveal
any useful information. The agenda is plain here, you just want to
flame everybody until they get tired and sick and stop replying and
you emerge victorious. That is what you did all through the entire
bloodbath and that is what you are doing now.

> When I had registered the IRC channel in April/May07 and
> gave you and Aneesha the op status, Aneesha should have said no i dont
> want this instead of complaining later that she prefers to be list
> admin and not irc op.

Excuse me? Me? Op status? Currently I do not even have a registered
nick on linuxchix server. I did not ask for IRC op status and I never
used it. And which rule book says that since I have "op status" I
cannot do list administration. And that is not what I was COMPLAINING
about. The mail was not addressed to you only, so the people who were
concerned with that part of the conversation knew what I was talking
about when I talked about IRC admin. I would request you to make room
for the possibility that you don't know everything all the time. I was
questioning YOUR giving away admin rights to people u didn't know well
and then sending private email with her phone number to other people
to check if it was a genuine person. I was not the one doing that. Of
course with your style of obfuscated flaming, I should have never even
questioned anything.

You cannot have everything as per your convenience. When you want
off-list communication start it, when you want other people to see it,
just say "ask on the list" and then point out that people indulge in
"inappropriate off-list" communication. And later point the finger at
them when it serves you right. Since you do not have any relevant data
points, you bring out other "issues" and start groping for some more
flaming material. As per your own list etiquette that is objectionable
behavior.

Aneesha