[IndiChix] Wiki of the month ?

Vid Ayer svaksha at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 11:46:03 UTC 2008

On Feb 1, 2008 1:13 PM, Runa Bhattacharjee <runa.misc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Section 1: Group related  information,  like:
>
> @ joining procedure
> @ mailing -list/irc/wiki/meeting related guidelines
> @ wiki-pages or sections worth visiting (e.g like the citymeet pages or event sections)

right, what about a FAQ on who is doing what , whom to contact for
abuse, and such like. Recently there was some trolling on IRC and
sometime people contact off-list with personal questions. Not evil to
go off-list but getting personal under the guise of Floss is not nice.

Even if we may know who is an op on IRC, a newcomer may not know which
nicks to contact and report abuse or maybe he/she may not know find
foo-ops on irc. It may help to have that info on a page somewhere
prominently linked on the main page.

For the list we have -owner which anyone can use to report people
going off-list and getting personal or nasty when you ignore them.

... and yes abuse happens a lot ...been there, seen/experienced that.

> Section 2: General information that would be helpful for newbies to FOSS, like
>
> @ useful urls with  elementary information about FOSS, contribution or volunteering opportunities
> @ FAQs and Howtos about FOSS application usage (external or internal wiki content link)
> @ FAQs and Howtos about  FOSS community culture (external or internal wiki content link)  and links
> to similar interest groups
> @ Links to existing podcasts/screencasts about the above (external or created and hosted by LC-IN
> members)

a suggestion ... instead of keeping the names of contributors, it will
be better to keep foo-project url/wiki/list/irc info so women can
contact the list/irc directly. If women dont feel comfortable going
there (main project) directly they can use this list /irc to get info
and support.

--
Vid
|| http://www.svaksha.com ||