[IndiChix] A message for LC-IN

Vid Ayer svaksha at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 11:41:31 UTC 2008

Hello Mr. Chitnis,

Not again... Is this some kind of a weekend game?... the
baiting/trolling and personal attacks/accusations a select few
indulged in last week not withstanding.
Anyway, i am ignoring the personal attacks meant to disrupt when LCIN
is on track and doing great (my term) or perhaps the fact that we are
doing great and going ahead (my term) is the cause for concern. Again,
its strange to see the person (read "Archana") who actually started
the LCIN project (read this list) never be credited for anything time
and again. *sigh*

On Feb 1, 2008 9:26 PM, Atul Chitnis <mail at atulchitnis.net> wrote:

[snipped]

> In that way, I must point out that both Carla and Sulamita (who happens to

Now you contradict many of your earlier statements.... Anyway, do read
Carla's mail[1], especially the part about "support != control"  where
she also said "TresChix and Linuxchix can offer certain types of
support, such as server hosting, and discussion and advice" /end
quote.

As for what they (Linuxchix.org) do, I dont control or tell them what
to think, so if you have a problem with the way things are handled the
"volunteers" or "grrl-talk" list is the best place to ask.

> Even the decision to move to the linuxchix server or change the domain
> name just because of the desire to be in charge of the public face of the

Erm... that mail was from Runa[2] and the person who seconded moving
was Hassath[3]. Fwiw, these women think for themselves and I am not
responsible (and wont take credit) for what they write, think or do.
I wonder if mails are actually read before being quoted out of context
and attributing statements other women wrote to attack me. Or maybe
its easier to misquote and misinterpret at will and indulge in
personal attacks and name-calling whenever you want to silence people
and subvert.

[1] http://mailman.linuxchix.org/mailman/private/indichix/2008-January/000792.html
[2] http://mailman.linuxchix.org/mailman/private/indichix/2008-January/000790.html
[3] http://mailman.linuxchix.org/mailman/private/indichix/2008-January/000794.html

As for elections/leader/etc.....please dont confuse things based on
personal dislike (for lack of a better term) and read the list mails
before mis-attributing statements. Can you provide a link where I
asked for elections to be held?

Since you didnt attend the BoF (maybe saw/heard a video/recording, i
dunno nor care) I am not sure if you can call it a failure, because
you missed the (largest) part, from start to end actually, where the
*men were fighting with other men*, not women, over who was a better
supporter of "women in foss" and this was even after Christian Perrier
(a Debian developer) said "after DW (debian-women) I learnt the best
way to help women was to be quiet(**)"..... ...so much for the "men
against women" strawman theory.

{** Christian actually used the word "shut-up", but then that will be
an excuse to again mis-quote me as "oh, she asked 'the men' to
shut-up, militant feminist" and suchlike name-calling.}

As for not thanking you (or anyone else) enough, I thanked you and
Vaibhav on my blog (in Nov) and on this list and I believe Runa has
too. Is there anything else we missed?

Fwiw,  support/participation != dictating what women should do or
making decisions for them. I believe each one reading this can see and
analyse it for themselves AND talk for themselves.  That said, thanks
for writing and even if your claims are biased personal attacks,
contradictory BUT in all the "strawman arguments" I do agree on one
thing :: it __is__ about the women so why not let the WOMEN in this
open forum decide for themselves if they want to use the Linuxchix
server or not? Leave that choice to the women here. Surely it cant get
more open and transparent than asking women to talk for themselves.

Thanks for reading.

--
Vid
|| http://www.svaksha.com ||