[IndiChix] A message for LC-IN

Vid Ayer svaksha at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 10:34:53 UTC 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 4:56 PM, Hassath <hassath at gmail.com> wrote:

> > opening up any discussions on the mailing list on this would have lead to
> > confusion about leadership and potential conflicts.

Leadership in the corporate world is way different than how things
work in the floss world, where its a mix of getting hands dirty and
DIY  with some (or a lot of) help  from the community. I dont know a
community where folks (irrespective of gender) issue orders on
"footask will be done by fooperson" and fooperson obeying the order.
Doubt if that is gonna work, but that is my zero paise worth.

> I would say- have more faith in us. And even if there are any
> conflicts, it's better to resolve them now, and out in the open, than
> wait for them to fester.
>
> Announce things, and discuss decisions to be taken here on the list-
> there'll be enough support.

+1 for the list too. maybe IRC too if it were logged (it isnt right
now). IIRC, bots are not allowed on the irc server run by the chix, so
not possible i guess.

> > Since it seems that the server hosting the current wiki is a critical box, I would vote for it to be
> > shifted as there seems to be some plans afoot to make a website.
>
> I agree whole-heartedly.

I vote for that too. We have a positive response that the main LC is
willing to provide us with hosting and any technical help that we may
need. We can use http://in.linuxchix.org , and the current domain can
be redirected if the owner so desires.  We already have the list and
irc channel with them so makes more sense to keep things in one place.

> > I on my part would continue
> > contributing to the wiki so that as and when a web team is formed, they do have ready content.
>
> Sounds sensible and proactive to me.
>
> I believe we can solve the problems, AND get work done. Together.

... provided people dont assume malice when there is none ;)

--
Vid
|| http://www.svaksha.com ||