[IndiChix] [x-post] LC-india domain

Atul Chitnis mail at atulchitnis.net
Mon Dec 29 11:32:33 UTC 2008

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008, Vid Ayer wrote:

> We do have the options of registering "linuxchix.in" (its available
> last i checked) or any other suggestions members have. However the
> "in.linuxchix.org" sub-domain seems the safest as the parent domain is
> controlled by women in the international organisation and there will
> be less (if none) chances of a single individual MIA or proxy control.
> It would be nicer if things could be kept open and transparent as its
> supposed to be in any community run project.
>
> Thoughts !!

Since you asked - yes, I would suggest that you stick to the main
linuxchix.org domain as in.linuxchix.org.

That would make you far more comfortable, since you dont have to resort to
backhanded, rabble-rousing comments like the above to indicate your
displeasure at your (not the group - there is a difference) not being in
**absolute** control of the King^H^H^H^HQueendom.

Of course, don't expect linuxchix.org.in to disappear, because the
original group (http://www.flickr.com/photos/sulamita/1459554761)
that started/supported this initiative isn't likely to abandon their
efforts just because *someone* seeks more control.

So go ahead, change is good. And there is always room for more groups.

Atul