[IndiChix] [x-post] LC-india domain

Vid Ayer vid at svaksha.com
Mon Dec 29 06:08:23 UTC 2008

Hello,

CC: Swati Sani (as she is the current domain owner (who unsubscribed
herself from the indichix list in Feb2008).

Request : Whilst replying please keep them in the loop.

Hope you all had a merry Christmas/Holiday week. As the $subject
indicates this mail is regarding the domain [linuxchix.org.in] that
we, Indichix, currently use to host a wiki for our chapter. The
current owner (Swati Sani) is not involved in the project since
Feb2008 (when she unsubscribed herself).  Less than a month ago the
domain was renewed but this was not communicated to the mailing list.
The lack of openness and transparency is neither helpful nor polite
and a tad demotivating.  If it was communicated to any member off-list
please say so.  It would be really nice if the domain was
transfered(**) to the women who _are_ involved and volunteering with
Indichix but ......

Anyway, last year the tres chix had offered us
http://in.linuxchix.org.in, and the last I checked, the offer from
Linuxchix still stands. I wanted to discuss this with other women on
IRC but its the holiday season but I did get a chance to discuss this
on the #linuxchix channel and was told that writing to the list is a
better option, so here it is.  Please feel free to discuss if we
should reconsider and evaluate moving to in.linuxchix.org

(**) Fwiw, attempts have been made, early this year, to request
transfer to 3 different women (so that one person does not have undue
control on a community project), but that attempt at communication
resulted in flames, nastiness and namecalling on the list, besides an
attempts at online stalking so I dont intend wasting my time again and
prefer in.linuxchix.org

Wish you all a happy 2009 !!
--
Vid
|| http://www.svaksha.com || Dreams are not what you see in your
sleep, but dreams are that, which do not allow you to sleep ~
Dr.APJKalam ||