[IndiChix] Libre Labs for women

Vid_A vid at svaksha.com
Mon Aug 18 13:45:54 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 18:39, सिंधु सुंदर <me at sindhu-s.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found a few MNCs in and around Mangalore, they are as follows...

You are keen, Nice work :) .... its just that it still needs some work
so try this : Call and speak to an employee to find if they have a
team that handles CSR (corporate social responsibility) and explain
(short 1-2 lines what LC is), find if they have diversity programs for
women and get a contact person so you can mail (my blog has a letter
you can use) them officially. Even if you are fobbed off with a
rejection (yes, a large possibility), thank them at the end.

A better approach is talking to the prof's at the local
schools/college for space and asking companies to sponsor the
infrastructure. This means weekend access may be problematic but in
the long run getting local students involved in your efforts will help
too. Explain the advantages and if you are able to convince even one
person, you know you have good negotiation skills ;-) and dont forget
to keep us posted on your progress !

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 20:48, Vijay Anand <vijay at vijayanand.name> wrote:
> I can help do something in Chennai. Let me know how I could help.
>
> What sort of help is required.

For starters,
1] space and
2] infrastructure (machines with internet access on weekends)

Thanks,

Vid
|| http://www.svaksha.com ||