[IndiChix] Libre Labs for women

Vid_A vid at svaksha.com
Wed Aug 6 08:03:25 UTC 2008

Hi

Here is a status update:

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Vid A <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:

> 4.1 Mumbai :  Although I had started out looking for space in
> Bangalore, I have an interesting proposal from an MNC in Mumbai who

Could anyone in Mumbai get in touch with Warren Brian Noronha to
coordinate and take it further.

Email: warren.noronha at gmail.com
Blog: http://www.hyperionreactor.net
Phone: +1-415-620-8700
Phone: +91-989-280-6204

PUNE: Amit Karpe and his wife run a company and they are willing to
give 2 computer for working days and 4-5 computers on Weekends.

People, please do take advantage of this opportunity. I know I would,
had it been in Bangalore but space is still an issue as is Delhi,
Mangalore, Chennai, etc... Any help in this regard (finding space) is
appreciated.

For those new to the list and wondering how it works here is the short
version :  Some time ago I suggested it would be a nice idea to have a
permanent space (call it Labs if you like) where women could have
regular meets, discuss, learn and contribute to "upstream" projects.
Few get the opportunity and it gets lower for us, so by volunteering
to take responsibility at the local level, women can learn :
- soft skills (like communication, people management),
- management skills (time, decision-making, planning, organising,
coordination,etc..),
- other interpersonal skills,
- networking and building relationships in a personal community.

To clear things, Men are an integral part of it, except for the
learning aspect, they are welcome to join and contribute in every
aspect like mentoring, conduct talks, hold demos, sessions, etc ...

Thanks,
--
Vid
|| http://www.svaksha.com ||