No subject

Fri Nov 30 21:44:40 UTC 2007

this topic. This happened somewhere on this self-contained thread !

>>> I do not know the specifics of which server is actually hosting this
>>> instance. Issuing a redirect, which is what I've mentioned, is
>>> fortunately easy enough with Apache. We can have the same Apache
>>> instance respond to both the domain names using Virtual Hosting, and
>>> need only mention a redirect in the linuxchix.org.in VirtualHost
>>> redirecting to the india.linuxchix.org domain (hosted on the same
>>> machine and perhaps in the same config file).
>>>

> JFTR, some folks have already offered to host the Indichix chapter but
> that is for later. First, we need to resolve the linuxchix.org.in
> domain ownership at the earliest.

<joke>
* Sysadmin speak * -> Aaa !! We can do things in parallel ! :P
</joke>

In anycase, this is not a technical problem. I'd mentioned that one
can use Virtual Hosts and redirects and continue to host both domains
on the same machine :)
I'd also mentioned why it'd be better to redirect the .in domain to
the india.linuxchix.org domain.

>> Think I was tying formation of the groups prior to resolving any issues
>> related to this chapter., but don't see why not per your suggestion treat
>> them as separate issues.
>
> They are separate issues.

Hey, she's saying so too. "Don't see why not". There's an agreement
there, and we are on the same page.

>> Personally I think Swati disassociated from this list due to the flaming/
>> bitterness of environment. She is currently unsubscribed which explains why
>> she has not responded.
>
> Hmm... I was flamed, called names (militant feminist, last year on
> this list), trolled, etc... but I didnt leave.  The subtle (and overt)
> bullying, stalking, intimidation is something I've seen at close
> quarters so lets not jump to conclusions about others (unless Swati
> has told you why she left).   As for her _not_ responding, she was
> CC'd many times. This thread also contains a CC to her so she can
> respond if she wants to.

Yes, and we should take up such stuff on a separate thread. This
thread started off with an open letter, and Gayathri, Kinglsy and I
have discussed several things on the same thread.