[IndiChix] [RFC] Group Introduction Message - redraft

Runa Bhattacharjee runa.misc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 05:44:39 UTC 2007

Hi,

The redrafted message is as follows with a few notes right at the end,
based upon the feedback.

Thanks a lot

regards
Runa

<redrafted message>

ABOUT
=====

LinuxChix India is the Indian Chapter of LinuxChix. It aims to bring
together women around India involved in various FOSS projects, foster
participation and share knowledge.

Men are also welcome to join LinuxChix India and support the group.

GOAL
====

Our vision is to promote the usage of FOSS and to help women in India to
identify the avenues for contribution with various levels of expertise -
users, newbies, enthusiasts, subject matter experts, geeks to various
upstream projects [1]. To achieve this vision, LinuxChix India intends
to establish itself as a platform for knowledge sharing and facilitate
women interested in FOSS  from around India to talk, participate at
events, volunteer, learn, mentor and help each other.

JOIN
===

To join LinuxChix India, one can:
(subscription link) and/or
@ participate in the City Meets and/or [2]
@ Join the IRC channel

</redrafted message>

Notes:
[1] Imho, since this is a general message we can avoid the details of
project names. New projects keep coming all the time which might
necessitate the general message to be frequently changed. Instead, the
upstream project details can go on the About (or similar) page in the wiki.

[2] City specific Meet info (like frequency of meet etc.) can perhaps be
put in the City Meet pages for the particular city, that way the
information is pretty centralized.