[Indianlc] Need to connect to the internet from Linux

Diabolic Preacher pintooo15 at cpg8iZaIO7k7E19d7C8VMb5sZyY3xenIqa7SN15_cjOvF3kWmnzgYPtBjAxBC7M-Co0ouMuY88ozvCpMvQ.yahoo.invalid
Tue Mar 28 06:18:30 UTC 2006

On a related note, could someone please tell how to connect/configure
dial-up via kppp without using root account. i just remember we had to
add some line in a text file....but what and in which file?

On 3/28/06, priti patil <pritisd at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi JS,
>
> By Linux 9.0 do you want to say Red Hat 9.0?
>
> Internet configuration process varies across different
> Linux derivatives.
>
> Give more details about your system. Internal or
> external modem? Are you on LAN ? Who is your ISP
> (internet Service Provider)?
>
> Priti Patil.
>
> --- csjyoti <csjyoti at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I have installed Linux 9.0 on my home PC recently,
> > and want to know
> > what are factors I should ascertain to be able to
> > connect to the
> > internet.
> >
> > I have mozilla browser and ethernet card...but don't
> > know what else
> > will be required...
> > -JS

Diabolic Preacher