[Indianlc] Women educated in open source

Diabolic Preacher pintooo15 at 96e8qvmHLVzcf-_z_-ZQv8xpCR82_nnrqiss9CoTnouPecfA1M_76sbuGqgjRY1ZsO-mzbkSdcjf4tM.yahoo.invalid
Thu Sep 1 19:00:56 UTC 2005

For those of you who are volunteering in organizing SFD events, I wish
you all the best in the mission. Gotta think of something for my own
department.

On 9/1/05, Archana.S.R <archu.oct at 2ANljdaBU1XSZnVPxRcXZiFKM2LQ5tQzdi6O9bGSK7c3heSbHqyEA-4EbM6hp_qZpWhYrS4e9A1wdcDF.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> Women educated in open source
> =============================
>
> LinuxChix Africa, a non-governmental organisation for women in open
> source, aims to promote awareness and use of free and open source
> software (FOSS) at a Software Freedom Day celebration on 10 September.

well, here in goa, plans are to host Software Freedom Day in St.
Xaviers College.
 In my opinion, even if you aren't able to round up enough resources
(read people) for a big bash of a Software Freedom Day, just spread
the awareness in and around your home and work place. Give
out/Exchange CD's like you'd do with all "XYZ's Day" cards or the
festival sweets....FOSS does make your character a bit sweeter, rather
than the SSS (Secret Source Software) that makes you rumble n grumble.
Talk about FOSS with people around. Since Software Freedom Day is
aimed at awareness at the grassroots level, size of congregation
doesn't matter. The fact that you reach out to people to free them
like you, gives you a feeling of celebration.

--
Diabolic Preacher
As Is