New poll for Indianlc

foo_labs foo_labs at YQQdxZNru_qFkWcrLBc_8dv6d6KEwa9Rgvwqhz0tS3ADegURxAmQBSPzKvMPijG6pI_OKDd6HoZzVw.yahoo.invalid
Sat Oct 22 10:41:54 UTC 2005

> are taking away the 'unix feel' in GNU/Linux.. for those who'r not
> aware, slackware is a one-man show! its built and maintained by
> patrick volkerding single handed and no 'team'.. so it has fortunately
> NOT lost focus in its 'simple stable secure' philosophy with time..

No, there are more than one man working in Slackware core team.
Patrick does maintain Slackware but not alone.

Unlike other distributions Slackware lacks a business plan.  Slackware
indeed is active on server side but it isn't actually a server
oriented distribution.  It has no official support team and small user
base.  You just can't apporach your boss and convince them to run
Slackware.

Somehow, Slackware remains my favourite distribution.