[Indianlc] for the non slashdotters

Sulamita Garcia sulamita at XZGKyPD831rQr2IE2AyTJMSfzFqRvj0kamE_9WDJDIvIG6N8GtysFsgefFycmuWqSuJTOdHn8MsYieJIRSs-jXI.yahoo.invalid
Wed Dec 21 12:40:51 UTC 2005

Hi girls and guys

> In LinuxChix-BR anyone signed send curiouse news, and it is a good way
> to keep everyone informed. But this is a personal option. And more one
> list or not to sign will not bug any mailler... :-D

Yes, but that's why we are linuxchix-BR and they are linuxchix-IN, we are
different.
I loved that link, which turned into a big thread in a well know forum in
Brazil. We still have to fight against the idea that women are not so good
in maths - and hence in computer science - as men, because some scientist
said so. So I translated that article and start the discussion again...
but hey, for each guy who believes in that, we have 4 others that don't
believe, so, things are changing!
In Linuxchix-BR we post some links about importante Linux news and women &
computers related stuff. But every time people start to say "it should be
that or that way", I ask for the girls. After all, is a mailing list for
them, so they decide.
As I saw, most of girl in that list think that kind of link should be not
sent. So I support the fact that they decide about the rules of the
mailing list.

--
"A little less conversation, a little more action please"
 °v°  Sulamita Garcia