[Indianlc] Intro to LCI list

Sulamita Garcia sulamita at YS2X-GWdK_-mIDWNjiwTlKvune-iNp58l76ZCgICMYFriKL8vKePKtRYzr1aNiP9vIyyjNf7kPhci2xo_l6OLV1barU.yahoo.invalid
Fri Dec 16 00:21:23 UTC 2005

Hi people!

Em Qui 15 Dez 2005 11:12, Swati Sani escreveu:
> A small suggestion to the group admin
>
> How about changing the introduction to the group at its web address to:
>
> ______
> LinuxChix India group has been started to initiate Indian women into being
> more vocal about their love for Linux and Open Source. So if you  are a
> woman who is passionate about Open source and are already deep into it, let
> it show here. For those who are not there yet but are aspiring to be, this
> is the place to be. _____

In the www.linuxchix.org website, there is a description of the project:

LinuxChix is a community for women who like Linux, and for supporting women in
computing. The membership ranges from novices to experienced users, and
includes professional and amateur programmers, system administrators and
technical writers.

In Linuxchix-BR, we added "Linuxchix Brasil is a chapter of Linuxchix
International, a community for women..."
Then we have some more information about our chapter.
Also, when someone subscribe to the list, they receive a invitation to
introduce themselves in some lines. It's nice because people start to meet
other people from their own city, school, university, and also everybody has
an idea about what are the works and interests of other people on the mailing
list.

--
  °v°  Sulamita Garcia
 /(_)\  LinuxChix-BR - http://www.linuxchix.org.br/