[Courses] C Programming For Absolute Beginners, Lesson 3: Else If, While, Operators

Leslie leslie.brothers at verizon.net
Tue Feb 28 04:25:17 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-02-27 at 14:21 -0800, Carla Schroder wrote:

> Write your own 'howold' variation with three different conditions: how many
> socks in your drawer, it's your party and you will...what?, what happens when
> the price of gasoline hits various levels...it can be anything you want.

I decided to put the if, else-if, and else inside the while loop:

//party.c
#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
	int guests=0;
	printf( "Of course you can have your party at my house! " );
	printf(  "How many people were you thinking of asking?\n " );
	scanf ("%d", &guests);
	while (guests > 12) {
		if (guests > 20){
		  printf( "Wow, that's a lot. Can you whittle it down?\n");
		}
		else if (guests > 15) {
		  printf( "It will be a little tight but I know I'll like your
friends.\n" );
		}
		else {
		  printf( "I don't know if we can quite squeeze everyone in.\n" );
		}
		printf ( "How about just your closest friends? How many would that
be?\n" );
		scanf ("%d", &guests );
	}
	printf("No problem!  You know I'd do anything for you!\n\n");
	return 0;
}

Thanks for this course!

-Leslie