[Courses] C Programming For Absolute Beginners, Lesson 2: Fun With Printf, Scanf, Puts, and Variables

Christopher Howard christopher.howard at frigidcode.com
Tue Feb 21 18:26:57 UTC 2012

On 02/20/2012 07:26 PM, Carla Schroder wrote:
> Discussion: Perhaps someone could offer some thoughts on puts vs. printf, and
> what are some real-world functions to use in place of scanf?

Some discussion should probably be made of buffering issues that can
occur while mixing reading and writing on the command-line. I.e., the
program might start waiting for the user input before it actually prints
out the line telling the user what to enter. It's been a long time since
I have had to deal with this (normally user input is provided through
the program arguments). However, I think it involves flushing
stdin/stdout buffers with fflush().

--
frigidcode.com
indicium.us