[Courses] [python] Lesson 2: Loops, if, and beer

Maria Inmaculada de la Torre idelatorreie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 16:30:09 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Akkana Peck <akkana at shallowsky.com>
> To: courses at linuxchix.org
> Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 13:31:11 -0700
> Subject: [Courses] [python] Lesson 2: Loops, if, and beer
>
> ===================== Homework =======================
>
> 1. Your first programming assignment!
>   Write a program for the old "bottles of beer" song. It should print
>   something like:
>   99 bottles of beer on the wall
>   98 bottles of beer on the wall
>   97 bottles of beer on the wall
>   ... all the way down to 1.
>
>   Extra credit: make it print the number twice, e.g.
>   99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer

 This is what I did:
*for i in range(99, 0, -1) :*
*   print i, "bottles of beer on the wall,", i, "bottles of beer"*

> 2. What does range(0, 10, -1) give?  (Try it.)
>   Any idea why?

*It returns an empty set of brackets [] so I guess it can't do anything
because it's mathematically impossible. *

> 3. How was the length of this lesson? Too much, too little or just right?

*The lesson for me was fine, thanks so much for taking the time of doing
this. :) *

> Problem 4 is optional -- it's a little harder, but give it a try,
> and if you don't get it, take a look at the answers other students
> post. But try it on your own first, if you can.
>
> 4. Write a loop using range() that prints out the first five numbers
>   as words:
>   one
>   two
>   three
>   four
>   five

I couldn't do it so I'm checking everyone else's answers *redface*

Thanks so much for the lessons, and waiting for the next one. :)