[Courses] [python] Lesson 1: Hello world

Holly Bostick aka.motub at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 18:24:16 UTC 2011

Hey, Scott, thanks a lot! I'm sending this back to the list as I think was
intended (your original was sent only to me, stupid GMail  :P ).

So my revised Hello World script looks like this (also with a little "+"
fillip from Akkana :) ):

print "Hello, World!"
name = raw_input("What is your name?\n")
print "Hello,", name+"!"

with the result:

Hello, World!
What is your name?
Holly
Hello, Holly!

I know it's "just" the traditional "Hello, World!" script that all
programming courses start with, but I must admit I'm pleased as punch...
this little script does exactly what it's supposed to, and formats the
output exactly as I want it to. A rousing success, imo :) .

Onwards and upwards!

Holly