[Courses] Subject lines and How come I can't see this Python course? and How can I not see this Python course? (was) Re: python

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Mon Jun 20 05:53:12 UTC 2011

G'day folk,

Just a little piece of information.  Due to the wonders of mailman, it's
possible to subscribe (or not) to different "topic categories" for the courses
mailing list.  If you want to be part of the Python course, but you're not
seeing it then go to:

http://mailman.linuxchix.org/mailman/options/courses

log in and then scroll down to the section titled "Which topic categories would
you like to subscribe to?" and make sure that the "Beginning Programming in
Python" one is ticked.  (None of the others are currently active at the moment,
so far as I know).  Or, alternately, make sure that none of them are ticked.

If you take advantage of selecting categories then only the categories of your
choice will be delivered to you.  So if you're not interested in the Python
course, you just make sure that at least one box is ticked, and it's not that
one.  However this only works if everyone then follows the rules.  So, just in
case there's at least one person on this mailing list who *doesn't* want to read
how to program in Python, then please make sure that any posts you write to that
course, whether or not as a question, or answering a question; have [python] in
the subject.  eg:

     RE: [Courses] [python] Lesson 1: Hello World

or anything else, so long as you keep the [python] tag.

All the best,