[Courses] [python] Python course directions

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Fri Jul 29 20:51:21 UTC 2011

I'm still working on Lesson 7 (on object-oriented programming) and
hope I'll have ready to post it later today.  But I'm running out of
topics and homework ideas, and we've covered most of the basics of
the language now.  So I'm thinking Lesson 7 will be the last formal
lesson in the course.

However, I have a bunch of tips and tricks that didn't fit into any
of the lessons, and suggestions for useful Python packages you can
use to build amazing scripts. So I'm planning to post a few less-formal
"tips and tricks" lessons after lesson 7.

So now and over the next few weeks is a good time for questions and
discussions:  Is there anything you wish I'd covered?  Anything that
confuses you when you try to read existing Python code?  Any Python
packages you'd like to learn how to use?  Programs you'd love to try
writing and you're wondering how you'd go about it, or if there's a
Python package that would help? If there are particular topics
people want to see, I'll tailor my tips accordingly.

	...Akkana