[Courses] [Volunteers] Simple volunteer job: Converting old courses.

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Tue Aug 4 15:42:27 UTC 2009

Penny Leach wrote:

> If people want to go ahead and copy and paste them all over to the new
> Drupal then I'll happily bow out, but I think it's really a pity since it's
> a huge duplication of effort for something that could have been solved a
> year ago, but that was held up by a relatively small task.

Nono, that's my bad.  I was tired last night when I was trying to find
them and figured, from what I saw linked, that only the postgres course
had been imported into moodle, because that was the only one where there
was a link on http://www.linuxchix.org/courses.html

If people can already read the courses off moodle (and that seems to be
the case!  Great job, and I wish I hadn't forgotten it was done!) it
seems like we should just get those linked up so they can be found by
visitors to linuxchix.org.

So... in that case, we just need someone to edit
http://www.linuxchix.org/courses.html so it links appropriately to
http://courses.linuxchix.org/ (can link each course individually, or
provide a blurb of explanation and direct everyone to
courses.linuxchix.org).  Should be pretty easy, assuming I'm right and
everyone can *read* the courses, and the SSO issues just make it hard to
*participate* in them.

And I hear Sulamita just volunteered for late night updates and server
upgrades... ;)  But seriously, can someone refresh my memory as to what
we need the database upgrade for, and what it will affect, so we can get
that done now?  I may be able to look at it this weekend, if you just
need someone with root access to the server to say "sure, here's a 3hr
block of my time, let's do this."

  Terri