[Courses] "Moodle for beginners" course? (

Steven Walker sjb.walker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 12:17:23 UTC 2008

It is not a subject that I know much about but this came up in a
thread on my LUG list recently after someone enthusiastically
recommended Moodle.

Steve

> erm just to rain on the parade a bit ;)
>
> a while ago we tested moodle for use here at work, obviously we needed
> to test it security wise (being our job!) , and it faired poorly, i
> myself identified many flaws (about 13 major ones) in the software
> including privilage escalation etc.
> We entered into discussion with the moodle people who brazenly told us
> we were wrong and as yet have failed to fix any of the problems.

That's why full-disclosure and/or bugtraq exists :)

Sorry, but they've (seemingly) had plenty of time to fix the issues,
and burying their head in the sand is no answer. Just release the
details to the public (but not in a skr1pt k1dd13 accessable format,
obviously)

... and let the debate begin!