[Courses] [Postgresql] Installing PostgreSQL and Re: [Postgresql] Installing PostgreSQL and Assignment

maria rahman-alsema mariarahmanals at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 12:56:03 UTC 2007

Lesson 2 assignment

Installing in Ubuntu went without problems.
I changed "feisty" in the link for "gutsy" and had to chose from some
55 packages. But with the guidelines to look for version, client,
common, in the end it was no problem. I installed Pg 8.2 for "ALL" and
not the 64 versions, since I have 32bit Gutsy on my 64 system. As a
beginner, I think there is a lot of room for error.
It's the first time, I've installed packages with use of the terminal,
so I feel I've really learned something and will be less hesitant the
next time.

Now I feel quite comfortable to open pg from terminal and I've looked
at the commands and help. The test-db is functional.

Question:
Is it possible to open a db or postgres itself from desktop, or do you
always have to use the terminal? And if yes, how to do that?

Regards,
Maria

--
"Love for All, Hatred for None"