[Courses] [Postgresql] What is PostgreSQL?

Liz Young liz at kandew.com
Tue Nov 20 19:50:57 UTC 2007

On Monday 19 November 2007 18:26:11 Michelle M wrote:
> - Give us a brief intro to yourself, and why you are taking this course

I'm Liz and I've been lurking around LinuxChix for a long time.  I figured
there would be a lot of smart people participating in this course, so here I
am lurking again :-).

> - If you haven't already, think of a concrete project you'd like to use
> PG with. Share with us a brief synopsis of the project: the problem, the
> platform, the approach you'll think you'll take, and why you think PG
> might be a good fit. It should be something that will be fun, and
> perhaps a bit challenging for you.

I am helping a friend track orders in OOCalc for one specific vendor. I'd like
to put this into a database so it's easier to track and report. It's all
Linux here, but we do interface quite frequently with Windows users and Excel
spreadsheets. I don't know if PG is a good fit, but I want to start
somewhere.

Also, I have an install of LedgerSMB that is not getting used much. The more I
understand about PG (and Perl) the better.

-Liz