[Courses] [Postgresql] Installing PostgreSQL and Assignments

Figaro ynegorp at charter.net
Mon Dec 3 18:22:25 UTC 2007

Hello, all.
sorry not to answer sooner.
What I did, subsequent to the quoted original emeil:
#:passwd postgres
#:su postgres
#:createdb test
#:psql
#\c test
Everything looked good so:
test=#:\q
Then I went on to
#:su postgres
#create user beaumarchais
#:SQL: CREATE USER beaumarchais WITH PASSWORD 'something'
#:SQL: GRANT UPDATE ON table-name to beaumarchais
#:SQL: GRANT SELECT ON table-name to beaumarchais
#:SQL: GRANT INSERT ON table-name to beaumarchais
#:SQL: GRANT RULE ON table-name to beaumarchais
#:\q
Reading doc
Thank you
matthew