[Courses] [Spineful Living, lesson 3: 101 Satisfying Retorts For All Occassion]

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Wed Apr 18 20:20:43 UTC 2007

On Monday 16 April 2007 10:05, Laylaa wrote:
> Yes. This did teach me to just not talk to people or channel my quiet side
> (which is a bit hard because as people know, I'm just too talkative). Or at
> least, not necessarily not talk to people, just don't engage in extraneous
> conversation with them.
> It won't solve all my problems but it's a start?

I wouldn't go that far. I like talking to random persons in my travels; it's fun and you meet interesting people and learn neat stuff. Unless you live in a seriously scary town, you're going to encounter way more cool people than creeps.

> In case anyone was worrying, this instance isn't really a problem anymore
> because that was back when I was in school and now I'm back home, different
> country etc (new challenges?).

I'm glad you posted the story anyway, because it was a good lesson in thinking of different ways to deal with creeps. The point I want to emphasize is don't go it alone! Gather your allies, talk to people, talk to law enforcement. Stoic silence helps the bad guys.

--
Carla Schroder