[Courses] [Spineful Living, lesson 3: 101 Satisfying Retorts For All Occassion]

Gayathri Swaminathan gayathri.swa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 01:30:36 UTC 2007

I think all these responses work to continue anymore discussion but for "is
there a problem".

That one ends up generating more information on why this person does not
like the other person

Also like Akkana mentions, a witty remark lightens the atmosphere..now does
that make someone think further is a deeper subject.

I like Jacinta's standard responses, makes the person re-think what they
said.

Wonder what would happen if a frank/serious tone is applied. For example,

"I do not think that you are talking in a professional manner. This only
promotes gossip and reflects bad on our <department/team>. I do not think I
want to carry on this conversation with you"

Would that be rude? and would I get labeled differently for my social
skills?

--
Gayathri Swaminathan