[Courses] [Tools] CVS

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Fri Mar 17 17:32:04 EST 2006

Hello all :)

It's interesting to reflect on Mary's discussion of the relative
maturity, and current use of CVS, SVN and Bazaar.

In my peripatetic rôle as open-source translator, I'm not still
encountering CVS as the most likely VCS for Free Software. Both large
and small projects are moving to SVN.

KDE did it quite some time ago.

Gnome is shifting its whole repository from CVS to SVN right now.

Debian, being distributed, uses a number of systems, but more files
are in SVN, and new projects tend to use SVN.

Xfce uses SVN: I don't know when they switched over.

What about other users here? What are you seeing in your projects? :)

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)