[Courses] [C] Lesson Three: Basic Declarations & Expressions

Sue Stones suzo at spin.net.au
Sat Jan 21 13:21:24 EST 2006

Clayton Goff wrote:

>Hello,
>I had a question for you on the exercise # 4  where it says Write a
>program to print your NAME in big block letters 7 characters high by 5
>characters wide. I for life of me am having difficulty figuring out how
>to write this program if you could help me out any way. I would greatly
>appreciate it.
>
>Thank you,
>Clay

Do you mean that you can't visualise what this question is trying to
achieve?  If so try the banner utility that may exist on your Linux.  It
is an old Unix utility.  here is an example of one implementation, the
only actual output that I found on google.

http://linux.about.com/library/bl/open/newbie/blnewbie7.1banner.htm

Although I haven't seen this version of only creating the outline, ones
I have seen either used all #s to create a solid letter, or used the
letter itself like this

######
#
###
#
#

FFFFFF
FFF

Hope this helps.  If this is not your problem please ask another question.

sue