[Courses] [Ruby] Lesson 1: Classes

Anne G anne at wjh.harvard.edu
Sun Nov 27 01:19:47 EST 2005

> You can spend a bit of time at the beginning of a course
> having students use programs which emphasize the
> interactions between objects. Students need to have
> clear ideas about objects, messages, behavior, and
> state.

I can't find any information about how to have objects
interact.

Most of the examples are about sending a method to an object
from the program. I can't find an example of an object
sending a message to an other object.

How do you get an object to send a message to an other
object given that the objects don't yet exist when the
classes and instance method are defined in the code?

thanks

Anne