[Courses] [Ruby] GUIs (Was: Lesson 0: Installing)

Laurel Fan laurel.fan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 09:43:44 EST 2005

On 11/17/05, Anne G <anne at wjh.harvard.edu> wrote:
> What guis will we be using for this course?

Are you looking for a GUI application for you to use to write ruby
code?  Or are you talking about creating grapical programs with ruby?
I don't have any experience with either, and I'm not planning to do
any GUI programming in this course.

However, there is nothing to stop you from using any graphical editor
or IDE that you wish to write your code (I can't help you with
specifics because I haven't used any.. I use emacs with ruby-mode).
If you're not interested in doing anything at all with the terminal,
this may not be the course for you, unless someone else here can help
you figure that out...

--
Laurel Fan
http://dreadnought.gorgorg.org