[Courses] Re: Lesson 8: Text Effects (How to get really cool looking text)

Carolyn Bucholtz cabucholtz at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 21 07:26:15 EST 2005

> > it looks like I should've finished this in a few minutes
> Not hardly!!

Thank you for your kind words.  I really love the clone tool - I took
the photo early in the morning so its a bit dark, but it didn't hide
the clothes line, and bits of a boat and caravan that were behind the
birds !!

95% of the time I use linux that's on a very old laptop, not much
memory or processing power, so yesterday frustrated by slow response
I used gimp on a windows machine.  I strongly advise backing up as
you go !.  I'd finished all the cloning bits and decided to save the
work before I tackled the text bit. 5 minutes later without warning
gimp crashed with a message saying all work would be lost.  Later on
I had to stop the gimp process because it froze, couldn't do
anything.  I don't know whether these things happen with the linux
version, it hasn't so far, but better not to risk it.

Today I'm going to play with the second part of the lesson, try some
of those  text effects, drop shadow etc, looks like good fun - on my
linux machine !!

Cheers,
Carolyn

http://au.movies.yahoo.com