[Courses] [Careers] How do you judge your skills?

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at thenilgiris.com
Mon Mar 7 14:54:48 EST 2005

On Monday 07 Mar 2005 1:50 am, Terri Oda wrote:
> Rachel raises something that I've noticed with those of us who are
> self-taught and/or helped by friends:  It's very hard, especially
> early on, to judge your progress, because you've only got a
> relative expert (or two, or more) to compare yourself with.

i agree with this! i have been doing programming for the last 19
years, and have yet to have a one-to-one conversation with a fellow
programmer. Main reason, have always been off the mainstream - pascal
when everyone was doing C, perl when everyone was doing Java and
python when everyone is doing php

--
regards
kg