[Courses] [Careers] Michelle Murrain: Ch, Ch, Ch, Changes...

Michelle Murrain michelle at murrain.net
Mon Mar 7 08:59:09 EST 2005

On Feb 21, 2005, at 2:31 PM, Almut wrote:
> Be sure to let us know - after a few years have passed - in what ways
> you have brought programming into this novel field of application :)

<grin> I'm sure I'll find a way.

> The step you've decided to take remotely reminds me of my then
> wholeheartedly felt decision to fully switch to psychology, after
> having spent my life as a rather hardcore techie up to that moment.
> I honestly had played with the idea of becoming a therapist...  but I
> soon realised I wasn't really able to do this for a longer strech of
> time, and that it would probably be wiser anyway to spare the world
> from any attempts of mine at counseling ;)
>
> But don't get me wrong -- I'm not intending to draw any implications
> from the analogy.  I understand that there's an important difference
> between us, in that you certainly have a clearer picture of what it
> will be like, than I did have at the time...

Actually, I think that in some ways, the transition from "techie behind
a screen" to minister is going to be difficult. I'm an introvert, and
there are times when being with a lot of people is draining. But I've
learned that I'm more social, and willing to be engaged with people
than I've given myself credit for in the past, so I am much more
willing to take this step than I would have been earlier, or would have
thought.

You never know, you may well be able to be a better therapist than you
think you might be. :-)

Michelle

michelle at murrain.net
AIM:pearlbear0 ICQ:129250575
Yahoo:michelle_murrain MSN:michelle at murrain.net
Jabber: pearlbear at transactim.net

Blog: www.pearlbear.us

In separateness lies the world's great misery; in compassion lies the
world's true strength. -- Buddha