[Courses] [gimp] GIF patent

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at thenilgiris.com
Sun Feb 20 18:22:50 EST 2005

On Sunday 20 Feb 2005 8:26 am, Mary wrote:
> [1] They're different things: copyright is a legal right to control
> copies of a creative work, a patent is a legal monopoly for a period of
> time over a design/process/idea.

strange are the ways of the world! I'm a lawyer - at a recent linux meet i
gave a coupla talks on programming to a hall full of programmers, and several
people protested that if lawyers started programming, programmers would lose
their jobs. And then i listened to *four* talks on law by computer
programmers - so what happens to the lawyer's jobs?

--
regards
kg

http://www.livejournal.com/users/lawgon