[Courses][gimp] Lesson 2: Lightening, Darkening, Sharpening

Patricia Peck patpeck at znet.com
Mon Feb 7 18:21:16 EST 2005

Julie Sloan wrote:
> I am not very good at this.  :/

Join the club!  I think most of us, certainly I, will need lots of
practice.  One thing I'm learning from this course is that you can spend
a LOT of time fiddling with an image and never think you've got it quite
right.  I was about to go back and completely re-do my homework to get
it, if not perfect, at least better, but I decided to just go ahead and
post it and watch myself improve as the weeks go on.

The homework this week is a very skittish squirrel who finally stayed
still long enough for a photo.  I thought I had turned my flash off, but
no-ooo, so the "base" photo had weird eyeballs, and I got a bit ahead of
myself trying to get rid of them. I was thinking he'd look cuter if I
made the eye bigger, like a cartoon squirrel, but then decided to wait
for the appropriate lesson to work on that.  Anyway, here's my homework.

The original is:

http://webpages.charter.net/patpeck/Lesson2base.jpg

The doctored one is:

http://webpages.charter.net/patpeck/Lesson2complete.jpg