[Courses] [gimp] Lesson 1: Cropping and Rescaling an Image

David Sumbler david at aeolia.co.uk
Tue Feb 1 11:15:00 EST 2005

(Rushes in, out of breath, holding apple for Akkana)

Sorry I'm late for class!  I really wanted to do this course, but I've
not had a chance to get started until this evening.  It's great.

I've dabbled with the Gimp from time to time, but already I've learnt
a lot of tricks from this course.  I particularly like the '1' for
100% zoom, and the "dynamic keyboard shortcuts" are just brilliant!
I've changed my zoom-in to '=': I always thought that having to press
Shift was a pain.

I'm up to date now - even done my homework.  It's at
http://www.aeolia.co.uk/KY/KY_Concorde.jpg if anyone's interested.
Typical overcast day at Manchester Airport.  That's me in the pilot's
seat (in the foreground, not the big thing in the background).

Thanks so much Akkana - looking forward to the next lesson.  (And
thanks for not putting me in detention for being late.)

David

--

David Sumbler